Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LB Bulluck does not expect new deal from Titans

With his current contract with the Tennessee Titans to expire soon, linebacker Keith Bulluck has a realistic attitude toward his relationship with the team. Recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, Bulluck believes that the 2009 season was the last one he played in Titans jersey.

“I have seen guys who have been figureheads here being released,’’ Bulluck said. “I prepared myself over the years for this, because I knew at some point my time would come. My time is here now. I have appreciated this organization for giving me the opportunity—29 other teams passed over me. I made the most of my opportunity here, so we’ll see what happens."

Although Titans Coach Jeff Fisher thought Bulluck was a bit pessimistic, he acknowledged that the team needs time weigh Bulluck’s value before considering new contract. Any team would do so with an established player coming off a serious injury. Bulluck is possibly right to say that the Titans are at the NFL scouting combine looking for his replacement, but what he needs and can do now is to be patient with the rehabilitation of his knee and wait for teams to give him chance to play in 2010 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, welcome to leave your comments.

It is fine to embed keywords and links either in your name or your comments or both,

but please be serious with your comments and do not spam with two or more links in one comment.

System will automatically block spam comments.

Enjoy reading and discussing!